Monday, January 21, 2013

Krewzada, My Younger Siblings

When I returned to PLMun to volunteer for Cultural Affairs Section, one of the new groups I met during their team building last May 2012 was Krewzada. My first project with them is to improve their logo. Then it followed with their shirt & varsity bag designs which were both conceptualized by Mr. Allen Tarca (their choreographer). As we continue to work together, I also requested if I can join his training wherein he agreed. Their training was really tough that I even stopped from doing so (too bad for me!). The members continued to work harder even some of the members start to vanish one by one. I was observing how each member behave on their training and every meeting. Hope and perseverance were never absent on their faces and they kept it stronger through praying to our God. 'I am really glad I met these people', I said to myself. I get to know myself better through them. I learned to be humble at all times. They were one of the humblest people I met.

Krewzada Logo which consists of the 4 Elements of Hip-Hop

Boom box carried by a surf board in a big wave. Conceptualized by Allen.

When they were planning for their upcoming concert, I was again asked to work with them. This time, as a photographer. The night before the shoot, we were challenged by the lack of preparedness for the set so we decided to do it overnight. I felt the willingness of every member to finish what they were asked to do. The night was never dull. We can still laugh and joke around even we have limited time. And on the day of the shoot, even we didn't start on time due to the last minute activity, I was filled with joy. I couldn't believe we are having that kind of shoot. I feel the success even we haven't finished it yet. Again, I was glad working with them.

Galactic concept by Allen


Different personalities, concept by Allen.


Krewzada Members. Can you find me?



The day of the concert came. We were all excited and nervous at the same time. The group didn't just perform, but they also helped in setting-up the venue and ushering our guests. Until their last performance, entitled 'Krewzada Soaring High', my heart burst with joy as we successfully conclude the concert we have worked on together. This time, I said to myself, 'Thank you Lord! I'm proud to meet my new friends'.

After the last performance

I then became their new older brother. They consider my opinion on the tough decisions the group shall make. They even declared I'm already part of Krewzada even before the concert.

Now, we still face challenges and we work together to achieve our goals. I'm proud to say that we are growing together towards excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment